A man has been charged with a string of offences after a woman from the Central Hunter area was allegedly abducted and sexually assaulted.
The 33-year-old woman was allegedly taken against her will just after 3am Friday.
Central Hunter police raised the alarm to other commands across the state, along with the Robbery & Serious Crime Squad and Dog Squad.
Following an extensive search, the pair were found at a property at Red Range, 30km east of Glen Innes, just after 5.30pm Saturday.
The woman was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The 36-year-old man was arrested and taken to Glen Innes Police Station where he was charged with:
- Take/detain person with intent to obtain advantage occasioning actual bodily harm
- Aggravated sexual assault – deprive liberty (DV);
- Stalk/intimidate intend fear physical harm (DV);
- Contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO (DV);
- Police pursuit – not stop – drive dangerously (two counts)
- Demand property with menaces with intent to steal, and
- Break, enter and steal.
The man was been refused bail and is due to appear before Armidale Local Court on Sunday.