Kurri Kurri will also be a hive of activity this Saturday with the town’s annual community festival to take place in Rotary Park.
If it rains, the festival will be relocated to Kurri Kurri Public School.
The festival was established in 2011 in the lead-up to the opening of the Hunter Expressway, with the idea to bring back the vibe of the Kurri Kurri Civic Week celebrations of the 1970s.
The festival will start at 11am and will feature more than 40 market stalls plus entertainment from local artists and school children, Kurri Kurri’s own Melody Pool (4pm) and X-Factor 2014 finalists Brothers3 (5pm) and will conclude with a screening of The Secret Life of Pets on sunset.
Festival coordinator Carol Doherty said it’s a day not to be missed for the visitors and the local community.
“This is a free day of entertainment for the whole family. All you need to bring with you are shade, seats and blankets to sit on,” she said.
Check out the fun from last year’s festival in the photo gallery below.
KURRI KURRI COMMUNITY FESTIVAL 2017 PROGRAM
- 10.45am – Taekwondo display
- 11am – Welcome to Country by Judy West and John Robinson on didgeridoo
- 11.05am – Official festival opening by Member for Paterson, Meryl Swanson and Mayor of Cessnock, Bob Pynsent
- 11.15am – Kurri Kurri Public School Infants Dance Group
- 11.20am – Justess Jones
- 11.40am – Weston Public School
- 11.50am – Justess Jones
- 12.10pm – Kurri Kurri Public School junior and senior choir and junior and senior dance groups
- 12.25pm – Justess Jones
- 1pm – Taekwondo
- 1.15pm – Kurri Kurri High School
- 1.40pm – Kirsty Gunther Dance Academy
- 2pm – Interlude (band)
- 2.15pm – Destiny Singers
- 2.20pm – Abbi-Lea Robinson
- 2.25pm – Cameron Parker
- 2.35pm – Reese Hamilton
- 2.50pm – Sarah O’Donnell
- 3pm – Holy Spirit Primary School Kurri
- 3.10pm – Kasey Carr Dance Headquarters
- 3.30pm – Jazmin Earl
- 4pm – Melody Pool
- 4.35pm – Kurri Kurri Preschool
- 5pm – Brothers3
- 7pm – Raffle draw
- 7.30pm – The Secret Life of Pets