Hills Solicitors advanced to the grand final in emphatic style thrashing The George Tavern 67-27.
The lopsided qualifying final result was the biggest winning margin between the two arch rivals over the past four years.
It was the first meeting between the teams since The George beat Hills 51-40 in round 11.
It will take a huge turnaround by the reigning premiers if they are to even make the grand final, let alone beat Hills who are on course for the minor-major premiership double.
The George cash in their second chance in next Saturday’s preliminary final against Club Maitland City, who had the week off after beating Royal Federal Hotel in the elimination final.
The minor premiers won the opening finals in all but a handful of games.
All winners from Saturday’s qualifying finals advance to their respective grade grand finals on September 22. The losers will play the winners of the elimination finals.
- A1: Hills Solicitors 67 d The George Tavern 27
- A2: MRBNC Black Mamba 47 d Purnell Trophies 27
- A3: Flames 42 d MRBNC Black Chikkos 19.
- A4: MRBNC Black Ice 45 d Phoenix 37
- B1: Tumbleweeds 52 d Kamikaze 37
- B2: Cougars 67 v Dream Team 37
- B3: Storm 50 d Odyssey 30
- B4: 50 Shades of Awesome 39 d Day Release 37
- C1: HMT 41 d Spirits 40
- C2: Hills Storm 35 d Purple Poppies 19
- T1: Rebels 72 d Falcons 45
- T2: Force 30 d HVGS Luna 28
- T3: Lil Bratz 28 d Firestorm 21
- Inter-1: MRBNC Black Onyx 34 d Zeal 20
- Inter-2: Braidy Bunch 47 d Embers 43
- Inter-3: VIP's 34 d Jinx 30
- Inter-4: Clovers 33 d Murphy Building 26
- 12-Div 1: Tigerlillies 49 d Red M&M's 23
- 12-Div 2; Garnetts 37 d The Walkie Talkies 12
- 11-Div 1: Crazy Comets 35 d RBs 24
- 11-Div 2: Mini Bees 30 d Fireflies 26
- 11-Div 3: HVGS Stars 30 d Tanzanites 5
- 10-Div 1: Bluebelles 34 d Mini Marvels 11
- 10-Div 2: Haviannas 15 d Starburst 8