A child diagnosed with measles spent time in Pokolbin while unaware he was infectious, NSW Health has confirmed.
Health authorities are bracing for more cases and have urged people to be vigilant for symptoms of the highly contagious disease. Three measles alerts have been issued in the past week.
The child was visiting from a country that has a large outbreak of measles and became infectious on Christmas Eve. The child and carers visited these locations:
- Chatswood Medical and Dental Centre on Thursday 27 December and Sunday 30 December
- Chemist Warehouse Chatswood Mall on Thursday 27 December
- Oakvale Winery, Broke Rd, Pokolbin on December 28 between 5 and 6pm
- Bimbadgen Winery, McDonalds Rd, Pokolbin on December 29 between 6.30 and 8pm
- Royal North Shore Hospital emergency department waiting room on New Year’s Day.