Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
Ingredients for six
- 2 lamb rump roasts (approximately 400g each), fat trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp wasabi paste
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 2 small carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 small pear, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby Asian leaves
- 6 brioche buns
- Pickled ginger and lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced). In a small bowl place oil, 2 teaspoons wasabi, chives and mint. Season and stir to combine. Brush tops of lamb rumps with wasabi mixture.
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting tin. Cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set aside covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine remaining wasabi and yoghurt. Season, adding a little water to thin if necessary.
- To serve, place cucumber, carrot, pear, Asian leaves, and lamb into buns. Drizzle with yoghurt, top with ginger and serve with lime wedges, if desired.