Brisbane have slumped to their worst NRL start this century but first-year coach Anthony Seibold says he is not feeling the pinch.
The Broncos' 26-22 loss Canberra on Sunday means the powerhouse club have won just one of their opening six games for the first time since 1999.
Seibold swapped places with South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett this season and the Rabbitohs are flying with five wins in six games.
Seibold said he knew what he was walking into at Brisbane and emphasised his team were heading in the right direction.
"We've had a really challenging start with Melbourne and the Roosters and some in-form teams," Seibold said.
"Three of the last four games we've been there or there abouts right at the death. When they don't go your way you are very disappointed but for me it's really important to be composed and look at the bigger picture.
"The club has gone in a specific direction. If you look at the players who are not here this year who were there last year, Josh McGuire, Sam Thaiday, Jordan Kahu - they're all internationals.
"We had five players under 21 playing through our middle tonight. The Raiders have won five from six and I don't think our younger players looked out of their depth."
The Broncos can get back on track at home against the Sharks next week and Seibold said he'll stick with his young players.
"There is no other team in the competition with three 19-year-olds playing through the middle at the back end of the game and they weren't out of their depth tonight," Seibold said.
"I'm going to back the young players and back our team, we're a shandy away. Two of the last three games we lost it literally with the last play of the game so we're not a million miles away.
"When you're going through tough times that's when you see who is really a rusted on supporter and who is dedicated to the cause, this is an easy time for people to have a free shot at the Broncos."
Australian Associated Press