John Renshaw Drive has re-opened after an earlier truck crash and fallen wires.
Drivers have been advised to allow extra time, but diversions around the scene have been lifted.
Meanwhile, in a separate incident, one of two northbound lanes remain closed at Morisset after a truck burst into flames on the Pacific Motorway.
Traffic is heavy to the south past Mandalong Road and drivers have been advised to expected significant delays.
Light vehicles can use Mandalong Road and Freemans Drive before rejoining the motorway at Freemans Waterhole to avoid the accident.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN NEWS TODAY
- Newcastle racecourse, Merewether Golf Club and Hunter Water to meet to discuss wastewater project
- Newcastle MP Sharon Claydon 'gravely concerned' about 'Sugar Babies' claim
- Former St Pius X College teacher Edward 'Ted' Hall to stand trial on indecent assault charges
- Detectives appeal for information as reward declared in suspected murder case of Steven Fenwick
- Suicide rates have risen in Hunter New England region, NSW data shows