The Weston Bears have backed Football Federation Australia and Northern NSW Football's decision to further postpone the resumption of football until May 31.
"It's not a great situation but it has been a no brainer to call the games off, they had no choice," Weston assistant coach Craig Stoker said.
"Everyone at the club supports what they've done, when you've got people getting sick and dying it makes playing sport a bit irrelevant."
Northern NSW Football had initially banned all football matches and training until April 14 in a March 17 decision just three days before the Bears had been set to kick off the Northern NSW NPL season under lights.
The Women's Premier League and Northern League One competitions, which had already started, were suspended as were all junior and zone competitions.
Stoker said the club's administration was doing plenty of work behind the scenes and senior coach Leo Bertos was offering plenty of leadership and keeping in touch with the players as they maintain training programs.
"No one has ever been through this before and we're all trying to adapt as best we can," Stoker said.
"All the players are very happy with Leo and what he has put in place.
"Each players has a program follow. We've got an app which they are following and are accountable for the work they are doing.
"We're trying to keep them as fit as we can so if they do get back on it gives us the opportunity to have a couple of weeks training and they'll be right to go.
"Potentialy there is the option for the competition to resume and continue into the summer because there are few shared facilities with sports such as cricket."
Stoker said the training programs had also been put in place for the Bears junior teams.
"Chris Aitkins has been excellent in keeping the kids programs runnning. They obviously can't train together but they are being kept up to date on exactly what they need to do to keep fit and keep learning," he said.
Northern NSW Football will stand down 60 per cent of its staff for at least two months following the extension of suspension of the game until at least May 31.
NNSWF, which has 30 full-time staff, made the announcement on Friday that its operations would be scaled back from April 13.
Since the initial suspension, the pandemic, and government restrictions to inhibit it, have grown, forcing the extension.
NNSWF said a a skeleton team would remain in place "to guide the sport through the prolonged suspension and provide ongoing support to member zones and clubs".
"Our board of directors is committed to ensuring the long-term financial stability of our game," NNSWF chief David Eland said.