Maitland and Coalfields junior rugby league teams are vying for premiership honours across the Hunter today in Hunter Valley Combined Competition grand finals.
Premierships have also been decided in the Maitland and District Junior Rugby League competition with titles awarded on a first past the post basis.
Junior rugby league officials and clubs dug deep during this most trying season to ensure nine-game competitions were possible from under-6 to under-18s under strict Covid-19 restrictions.
Despite the difficulties clubs such as Morpeth reported registrations nearly doubled with teams currently aging from under-6 to under-13.
For the first time this season the limit on parents watching has been lifted to two at games, however the overall restriction of 500 people will still be in place.
Today's grand finals features teams from Thornton Beresfield, Morpeth, East Maitland, Cessnock, Greta Branxton and Kurri Kurri. Good luck to you all.
Several of those teams will be chasing minor and major premiership doubles including: Morpeth (U/13-2); Thornton Beresfield (U/14-2); East Maitland (U/14-3); Cessnock (U16-1); Greta Branxton (U/18)
- Under 10s Pilgram - Kurri Red
- Under 10s Arnott - Morpeth
- Under 11s Pilgram - East Maitland
- Under 11s Arnott- Greta Branxton
- Under 12s Pilgram - Kurri Red.
- Under 12s Arnott- Kurri White
Hunter Valley Combined Grand finals
- U/13-2 Morpeth v Raymond Terrace at Morpeth Oval at 12.40pm.
- U/14-1 Cessnock v West Newcastle at St John Oval at 10.55am
- U/14-2 Thornton Beresfield v Greta Branxton at Greta Central Oval at 9am
- U/14-3 East Maitland v Kotara at Morpeth Oval at 10.55am
- U/15-1 Kurri Kurri v West Newcastle at Cardiff Oval No 1 at 12.40pm
- U16-1 Cessnock v Lakes Blue at Greta Central Oval at 12.40pm
- U/18 Greta Branxton (Grp 21 comp) v Denman at Greta Central Oval at 10.55am