Opening up is on the agenda today, as roadmaps out of COVID lockdowns are plotted out across the nation.
Melbourne will remain in lockdown until late October, Victorian Premier Dan Andrews announced on Sunday, and fully vaccinated Victorians will have greater freedoms once 80 per cent of the state's population is fully vaccinated.
NSW eased restrictions somewhat for its twelve local government areas of concern, bringing them into line with public health directions for the rest of Greater Sydney.
Tensions had risen in the western and southwestern suburbs over sentiments that they were being unfairly restricted, while the rest of the city celebrated more freedoms.
Meantime, the ACT has remained foggy about what its next steps out of lockdown will be, with government leaders indicating that plans in Victoria and NSW are not concrete.
The federal government knows a thing or two about changing plans.
"C'est la vie," you know?
But that wasn't top of the government's list of concerns today, with Christian Porter tendering his resignation as minister after his recent blind trust scandal.
In other news, tensions continue internationally with France's Ambassador to Australia Jean-Pierre Thebault jetting out of Canberra, after being recalled over Australia's submarine spat with the European nation.
Mr Thebault would have preferred to be boarding a time machine, "and be in a situation where we don't end up in such an incredible, clumsy, inadequate un-Australian situation."
But Australia has #noregrets, with Finance Minister Simon Birmingham defending the federal government's decision to dump France for a US-UK courtship.
Sticking with the now-scrapped $90 billion submarine deal with Naval Group would have "betrayed Australia's long-term interests", he said.
- NSW records drop in daily COVID cases to 1083 but 13 deaths
- Roadmap out of Victoria's lockdown revealed, aim for 30 home visitors by Christmas
- ACT records 17 new COVID cases as Canberra faces four more weeks of lockdown
- Another 64 COVID cases in the Illawarra Shoalhaven
- Find out what happened after the historic Menindee Lake fish kill
- Spring on pause: Some September snow is possible next week
- Zorro impersonator jailed for 'ham-fisted' crime spree
- Patient alleges she was raped by paediatric nurse