A high-scoring second grade shootout between Raymond Terrace and Kurri Weston delivered two individual centuries and a combined 772 runs before rain forced a halt in play.
Terrace No.5 Daniel Flynn countered Warriors’ Simon Marshall’s first day 150 with a fine 124 as the Lions posted 6/227 before rain halted play with 13 overs remaining as they chased Kurri Weston’s 5/395.
Flynn and Aaron Sherritt (63) combined for an 185-run partnership, with opener Giles Manley contributing 79 at the top of the innings.
The other century on the weekend went to City United’s under-16 Sam Jordan who made 119 not out against Newcastle in the IDCA competition.
Port Stephens’ Jarrod Moxey fell agonisingly short of his first century of the season falling on 98 in his side’s win against Rayworth Rabbitohs in the A-grade one-day competition
Regal Hunter Tigers batsman Matthew Trowbridge made 89 not out as his side beat SMR to record their second A-grade win of the season.
Shayne Taylor’s 89 was also instrumental in Seaham getting the points in A-grade against Lakeside Village.
Jacob Hojer had a day out for Thornton Park scoring 85 against Eastern Suburbs in their 4th grade T20 clash.
Raymond Terrace’s Aaron Bill was the star of the round with the ball finishing with 9-19 against Kurri Weston after taking four of five Warriors wickets to fall on Saturday.
Four bowlers finished with five wickets or more in grade and one-day matches on Saturday.
Tenambit Morpeth’s Thomas Klumpp had the best return with 6/22 in the 5th grade T20 game against Raymond Terrace
Sean Gibson claimed 6/46 for Eastern Suburbs 2nd grade as they dismissed Northern Suburbs for 179 to record a 71-run win.
Belmore Hotel’s Craig Clark took 5/31 against Tenambit Morpeth in C-grade and Jason Watson claimed 5/34 for Paterson C-grade against Seaham,
Seven bowlers took bags of four including:
- Michael Crawford 4/5 (Tenambit Morpeth 3rd grade T20)
- Matthew Wheeler 4/10 (Eastern Suburbs 3rd grade T20)
- Theo Atkins 4/16 (City United 4th grade T20)
- Stuart Elliott 4/23 (Regal Hunter Tigers A grade)
- Steven Atkins 4/26 (City United 4th Grade T20)
- Matthew Shone 4/26 (Western Suburbs 1st grade)
- Ryan Merrick 4/63 (City United 2nd grade)
- Ben Parkinson 53 not out (Northern Suburbs under 15s)
- Rees Gibson 52 (Kurri Weston under 14s)
- Harrison Jones 50 not out (Clarence Town under 12s)
- Brodie Little 45 not out (City United under 13s)
- Lucas Barry 41 (Karuah & Tea Gardens under 15s)
- Kolby Mason 40 (Raymond Terrace under 13s)
- Henry Field 5/1 (Eastern Suburbs under 12s Division 1)
- Ethan Pringle 5/8 (Mulbring under 14s)
- Jock Vivers 5/14 (City United under 16s)
- Fletcher Cousins 4/5 (Norths under-14s)