A 15th resident of a Sydney aged care home has died after testing positive to coronavirus, taking the NSW total to 45 and the national toll to 96.
The man had no immediate family and was well cared for by staff at Newmarch House in Caddens, home operator Anglicare says.
"On behalf of our resident, we grieve for his death and we value that he was part of our Anglicare family while we cared for them," a spokesman said in a statement on Monday.
"His passing highlights how terrible this virus is and how devastating it is for the elderly in our community."
A daily testing regime has been established for staff at the nursing home to manage what is Australia's second deadliest outbreak after the cruise ship Ruby Princess.
Twenty-six staff and 37 of the 100-odd residents have tested positive to the virus since April 11.
Health Services Union NSW general secretary Gerard Hayes said it shouldn't have taken the deaths of so many residents to introduce daily staff testing.
Testing should have been performed across the board two months ago when there was an outbreak at northwest Sydney aged care home Dorothy Henderson Lodge, he said on Monday.
"We know aged care is such a vulnerable sector of the community and it should have been done from day one," Mr Hayes told ABC radio on Monday.
Federal Labor on Monday called for the aged care royal commission to lead the investigation into "what went wrong" at Newmarch.
"It is vitally important workers and providers are supported to ensure that we limit the transmission of COVID-19 in aged care," opposition ageing spokeswoman Julie Collins said in a statement.
NSW Health is running the testing at Newmarch House while the federal government has provided an infection control specialist, who is monitoring and reviewing all current contamination and infection control procedures at the home.
"We continue to be grateful for the support from the Commonwealth and NSW governments," an Anglicare spokesman told AAP on Monday.
Healthy residents of the COVID-19 plagued aged care facility will soon be moved to other parts of the home as part of an operation expected to commence in the next 24 to 48 hours.
Rooms and corridors will be sanitised before the elderly are moved away from the 37 residents who have tested positive for COVID-19.
NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said over the weekend he was quite satisfied Anglicare was doing everything it could to halt the virus.
Investigations are under way into the source or sources of the outbreak and whether the latest two staff to contract the virus did so outside the facility.
Anglicare says the two staff were experienced in infectious disease situations.
NSW Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant said genomic sequencing had so far shown the virus in the nursing home was the same strain in the broader Penrith area and had linkages to "a number of other clusters".
"What we're trying to do is identify the index case ... and that requires going through all the medical records, reinterviewing staff, trying to find any other chains," Dr Chant said on Monday.
"Sometimes - I've got to be honest - we don't actually find that first case in."
The family of Ann Fahey - the aged care facility's 14th recorded death - have shared their frustrations after she died on Saturday afternoon.
The 76-year-old died 48 hours after testing positive to COVID-19 after two earlier negative results.
Seven Network reported on Monday the Faheys received a call on Sunday night from Anglicare chief executive Grant Millard, who revealed Ms Fahey may have received an incorrect test result over a week ago.
"If the test was correct - in the first place - she would've had a week's head start," Mark Fahey, Ann's son, told Seven.
Australian Associated Press