Sacked NBN newsreader Paul Lobb talks about the Nine network decision to replace him with weatherman Gavin Morris

Ian Kirkwood
By Ian Kirkwood
Updated January 3 2022 - 10:24pm, first published 9:40pm
STILL SMILING: Paul Lobb and his wife Alison at Belmont on the weekend. Paul says he is not sure what he will do next, but will take a break before starting it. Picture: Jonathan Carroll

FORMER NBN Newcastle newsreader Paul Lobb says he had no warning of the Nine Network's shock decision to sack him last month after almost 24 years with the station, the last 11 as the male face of its news team alongside co-anchor Natasha Beyersdorf.

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad
Ian Kirkwood

Ian Kirkwood

Journalist

Reporting journalist at the Newcastle Herald since 1987. Editorial writer, general reporter, industrial relations, industry and coal.