VICTORIANS planning a New Year's Eve party at their homes tonight will need to reduce the number of invitees from 30 down to 15, as new restrictions come into effect.
It comes following new confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state.
From 5pm today, the limit for people gathering in private homes will be reduced from 30 to 15.
Masks will also be mandatory indoors from 5pm tonight in any location that's not your private home.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Three new COVID-19 cases were confirmed on Wednesday evening, ending Victoria's 61-day streak without community transmission of the virus.
Three further cases have been identified.
There are 10 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
People are urged to get tested for coronavirus if they have visited:
- Smile Buffalo Thai, Black Rock, December 21
- Holy Family Parish Doveton Catholic Church on December 26 between 4pm-6pm
- Kmart, Big W, Target, Millers, King of Gifts and Lacoste at Fountain Gate Shopping Centre on December 26 between 9am-11am
- Mentone/Parkdale beach on December 27 between 10am-4.30pm
- Century City Walk and Mocha Jo's in Glen Waverley on December 28, between 1.30pm-5pm
- Katialo restaurant in the Eaton Mall, Oakleigh on December 28 between 7pm-8.15pm
The list of exposure sites can be found at www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/case-locations-and-outbreaks. For more information, phone the COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398.